Do you want to represent your community and inform how health and social care is delivered in Falkirk?
We are looking for carers and people who use health and social care services to become representatives and join a range of groups to help ensure that lived experience is central to planning and decision making.
Falkirk Health and Social Care Partnership have teamed up with key organisations to deliver free training so you have everything you need to take part, feel supported and share your ideas, and together we can design services that reflect your needs.
What can I expect from the training?
- Once training is completed, individuals will feel empowered.
- The training will be easily digestible and relevant to the individual’s area.
- The training will develop on new and existing skills of the individual.
- Individuals will have the ability to represent their own views while remaining objective and able to speak on other people’s behalf.
- Individuals will improve their conversation/decision-making skills.
- Those who participate will be involved in follow-up discussion to help frame future training sessions.
- Individuals will feel motivated to carry on engagement and make a positive difference in their area.
Who is this training suitable for?
- People with lived experience of health and social care.
- People with an interest in health and social care.
- People who want to join a supportive community.
- People who are willing to share their ideas and experience to create positive change.
- People who are willing to take on an advocacy role and represent their wider community.
- People who want to make a difference to improve health and social care in their communities.
When will the training be delivered?
- Wednesday 27 April, 10.30am – 1pm
- Wednesday 4 May, 10.30am – 1pm
- Wednesday 11 May, 10.30am – 1pm
Each session will include a 15-minute break. You will also have opportunities to ask questions and to get involved in discussions.
How do I sign up?
Registration is now open so click the link here to book your space.
What is the training like?
When we delivered this training for carer representatives in March 2021, they found the training informative and enjoyable. They told us:
- “Really interesting course.”
- “Good to hear about how things work in social work, it seems complex.”
- “I hadn’t seen myself as a carer but now see myself as an advocate to other carers.”
- “Course has good content and timings were good.”
- “I learned a lot – found the negotiation part really interesting.”
- “Gave me confidence to speak out.”
Do I have to become a representative if I sign up to the training?
There is no commitment to join as a carer or service user representative when you sign up for the training sessions. This training is your opportunity to learn how you can make a meaningful contribution to the Falkirk Health and Social Care Partnership, as well as meet other people just like you.
If you decide to become a representative, then ongoing support will be provided so you can get the most out of your experience.
Do I need any special skills or qualifications?
You don’t need any prior qualifications or skills. We will cover everything you need to know in the training.
I want to get involved. How do I sign up again?
Complete the registration form by clicking the link here. We know you have opinions about health and social care, so this is your opportunity to shape how we deliver our services. Further information will be provided in due course.
If you have any questions, email HSCPComms@falkirk.gov.uk.
We hope to see you at the training.